Online Accelerated Nursing Coursework
Our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program takes a blended approach toward learning, with online coursework preparing you for hands-on labs and clinical rotations in the Atlanta metropolitan area. However, it’d be a mistake to think that online coursework is easier or less thorough than that of an on-campus program. When you graduate in as few as 12 months, you’ll leave every bit as prepared for a career in nursing as students in a traditional ground program.
Another mistake would be thinking that our online-based curriculum means you’ll have less contact with your instructors than with a campus-based nursing program. Our faculty is readily available to help you in any way they can, whether that means discussing questions you have via phone, text or email, or meeting up in person to go over concepts.
Whether you’re a morning person or a night owl, you can “attend class” and complete online assignments when and where it’s convenient for you. (However, keep in mind your assignments must be completed by the due date.)
Of course, convenience isn’t the only benefit of online learning. We all learn differently. That’s why we designed our online coursework to accommodate various learning styles:
- Visual — Rich images and graphics help you to better understand and visualize concepts
- Aural — Audio scenarios and demonstrations let you listen to and replay lessons as needed
- Tactile — Interactive activities and simulations require you to actively engage in learning concepts
- Social — Discussion forums and assignments allow you to connect with classmates and instructors, as well as synthesize concepts and assigned readings
Tips for Succeeding in an Online Environment
While many students have taken some online classes, others are new to e-Learning. To ensure your success, here are a few success tips:
- Develop a routine. Online coursework offers many conveniences, but it also requires self-discipline. If waiting until the last minute to do things is your M.O., consider scheduling out your week, including when you’ll study, do online coursework, etc., and stick to it.
- Get organized. You’re going to have a lot to remember in nursing school. Take notes and keep them well organized. Keep a calendar (and consider a backup) of all assignment deadlines, labs, tests, etc.
- Don’t wait for tests to study. One of the greatest benefits of online learning is that it allows you to go back and revisit content at any time during the program. Take advantage of this by going back through videos, exercises, and activities, especially those you know you struggle with. And make the review a weekly activity. That way the information stays fresh in your mind, because you will need it later.
- Build a rapport with your instructors. Mercer nursing instructors are highly accessible and committed to helping you succeed. Get to know them and don’t be afraid to ask them for help when you have questions.
- Get to know your cohort. Your colleagues are a great asset. Throughout the program, you’ll come to rely on each other. You might even consider getting together each week to study, review and talk over nursing concepts.
Contact us today to learn more about how Mercer ABSN blends online accelerated nursing coursework with hands-on labs and clinicals to prepare you for a successful career in nursing.