Mercer’s Accelerated Nursing Program in Georgia
If you’re passionate about making a difference and have a bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field, Mercer University’s Second Degree Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) track in Atlanta, Georgia could be your quickest path to becoming a nurse, allowing you to earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree in as few as 12 months.
At Mercer University, you’ll be supported every step of the way. From enrollment right through graduation and taking the NCLEX, our faculty and staff are committed to preparing you to be a practice-ready nurse. With our second-degree nursing track, you’ll:
- Complete online nursing courses designed for a variety of learning styles.
- Learn from experienced instructors dedicated to producing caring, compassionate nurse leaders.
- The Clinical Skills Lab and Simulation Lab at our ABSN Learning Site in Atlanta allows for students to practice their clinical skills using high-tech medical equipment and simulation manikins.
- Experience nursing firsthand through clinical rotations at facilities throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area.
- Graduate ready to sit for the NCLEX-RN.
A perk of an accelerated nursing program in Georgia, like Mercer’s ABSN track, is that students gain real clinical experience working with diverse patient populations at local healthcare facilities in the Atlanta metropolitan area.
With three start dates each year and seats available now, you can start working toward earning your nursing degree sooner.
From your first admissions call through completion of prerequisites, enrollment, and graduation, you’ll be supported every step of the way.
Whether you’re a morning person or a night owl, you can complete your online nursing coursework when and where it’s convenient for you.
The Mercer University Difference
Mercer University is consistently ranked among the top 10 percent of colleges and universities in North America by the Princeton Review, and its Georgia Baptist College of Nursing — the oldest nursing school in the state —provides a top-quality, CCNE-accredited nursing education.